Are you interested in Researching Your Genealogy, locating distant relatives, or creating a Family Tree diagram to give to your grandchildren and future generations? This course, including hundreds of practical tips, covers:
– Getting started gathering family documents
– The most relevant genealogy websites
– Useful historical records
– Overcoming research obstacles (“brick walls”)
– Creating a valid Family Tree
– The “ins” & “outs” of DNA testing
– Privacy concerns regarding family history and DNA data
– Writing a family history report, and so much more!
This course is appropriate for novice and intermediate genealogy researchers, and student participation is encouraged. Maxine researched her own nine-generation family tree to identify ancestors dating back to the mid-1700s, and located 102 extended family members living in seven different countries today.
Dates: 5 Mondays (12-1pm) & 3 Fridays (12:30-1:30pm)
August 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22 and 29
PRE-registration required! Price $72-104, depending on # of students
Contact Darshana Croskrey at the Scotts Valley Senior Center: (831) 438-8666