A stunning home in the Scotts Valley area has gone on the market for $7,300,000, which if it sells anywhere near the asking price (which it very well could sell for asking price or more) will be the highest recorded sales price on MLS for a single family home in the Scotts Valley area.
The home at 1690 Glen Canyon Road is listed by Sam Piffero of Sotheby’s International Realty in Carmel, and features 6 bedrooms, 5.5 baths on almost 63 acres. It also has a 1,900sf guest house.
The gated property also features a custom built event center, vineyards, a pool, a pond, tennis courts, bocce court and even it’s own Chapel that overlooks the ranch and Monterey Bay.
I spoke to Sam the listing agent who said there is already interest in the home with at least one buyer already viewing the home more than once, and more showings scheduled.
• The highest sales price for a single family home as recorded on MLS is $4.5 million for 14 Kite Hill Road in Pasatiempo which sold and closed on April 18th of 2019. That home belonged to County Supervisor Bruce Mcpherson.
Although these homes are technically Santa Cruz, they fall in the South Scotts Valley area as defined by MLS.
The highest ever for a home that closed in 95066 is $3.1 million for 2400 Bean Creek, a 4,100sf home with an 1,100sf guest house back in 2004. That property I am sure is worth a heck of a lot more today as that was 15 years ago.
Earlier this year I sold a home at 121 Lauren Circle in Granite Creek Estates where I represented the buyer at a sales price of $2.25 million which not too long ago would have been a big deal, but nowadays $1.5 million + homes are almost the norm.
• Right now the average list price for single family homes in the Scotts Valley area is $1,691,810 for ACTIVE listings, $1,292,297 for CONTINGENT listings and $1,281,481 for PENDING listings.
BTW: The difference between a ‘contingent’ and ‘pending’ sale is that contingent means there is an accepted offer which still has contingencies that need to be removed such as inspections, appraisal, financing and sometimes even needing a home to sell to purchase the subject property. A pending sale means that all contingencies have been removed and the transaction is moving towards a closing.
• The average list price for all single family homes in the area whether they are active or pending is $1,557,738.
• The average sales price for CLOSED sales for single family homes YTD is $1,237,900.
But remember, these are just averages and yes, there are single family homes under $1 million on the market today.
• Currently there are 16 total single family homes under $1 million with half of them still ACTIVE and available. In addition there are 8 townhouses and condos for sale with half still ACTIVE and available, with an average list price for all townhouses and condos being $644,863.
HOW’S THE MARKET DOING THIS YEAR?
This month, so far as of May 27th there are 29 new listings so far in the Scotts Valley area for the month of May which appears to be right on course for what happened in May of last year as there were a total of 32 homes that went on the market in May 2018.
• Look for my video in the next couple of days where I dissect what is happening so far this year and what to expect in the Scotts Valley area this year and beyond.
As always, Happy Selling and Happy Buying!
REALTOR® since 1986
DRE # 00921165
Keller Williams Realty
831-252-3959 Direct Line
ABOUT ROB: Robert Aldana is a 32+ year licensed real estate veteran with Keller Williams Realty, and also a long-term resident and homeowner here in town. In 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 Robert has been the agent chosen by more Scotts Valley area home sellers and buyers than any agent or team, and Robert was recently awarded the Santa Cruz Sentinel Readers Choice Award as the Best REALTOR® in Scotts Valley for 2016, 2017 and again in 2018.
Robert was also voted 2017 & 2018 Favorite Neighborhood Real Estate Agent in Scotts Valley in the first NextDoor Fav Business Awards by local residents.